Codes Canada publications improve with each edition thanks to the contributions of inspectors, designers, suppliers, contractors, researchers, instructors, and others. Every change request is reviewed by a Canadian Commission on Building and Fire Codes (CCBFC) standing committee.
- Accommodate new construction techniques and systems
- Clarify requirements
- Update references to standards
- Propose expansion of scope or objective.
Do you have a suggestion to improve one of the codes? If so, please read the detailed guidelines and, for each change request, submit a separate code change request using the online form provided.
Your change request will be considered for the 2020 editions of Codes Canada publications and should include:
- The existing code requirement, if applicable
- The reasons for the change or addition
- Your proposed revision or new requirement
- Supporting documentation, including cost/benefit data
- The enforcement implications
- The related code objectives