This public review is now closed.
Go to the public reviews home page.
The Canadian Commission on Building and Fire Codes (CCBFC) invites Code users and stakeholders to participate in a special public review of proposed changes to the following National Model Codes:
- the National Building Code of Canada 2005 (NBC), and
- the National Fire Code of Canada 2005 (NFC).
The proposed changes included in this review are the result of an editorial exercise to relocate design and construction provisions from the NFC to the NBC and provide respective cross-references. No new technical changes are being proposed. (More about the special spring public review.)
This national public review took place from April 6 to May 29, 2009.
Its purpose is to:
- provide Code users and stakeholders with a detailed look at the proposed changes, and
- seek comment on each proposed change as to whether it should be approved, altered, or rejected.
The public review closed on May 29, 2009, after which comments will no longer be accepted. The relevant standing committees of the CCBFC will review every comment that was received up to that date. The standing committees will then either withdraw the proposed change, recommend that it be reviewed further for future consideration as a proposed change, or recommend that it be approved by the CCBFC, with or without modification.
All comments submitted by May 29, 2009 will be reviewed by the relevant CCBFC standing committees. The standing committees will then either withdraw the proposed change, recommend that it be reviewed further for future consideration as a proposed change, or recommend that it be approved by the CCBFC, with or without modification.
If approved by the CCBFC, the proposed changes will be published in the 2010 edition of the NBC and NFC.
Summary of proposed changes
View the proposed changes (58 changes):
- National Building Code – Relocation of NFC requirements to the NBC (28 changes)
- National Fire Code – Cross-Referencing NBC requirements to the NFC (30 changes)
To receive the proposed changes for this public review, please contact the Secretary of the CCBFC.